Do you want to start sending out email newsletters from your WordPress site? One of the most effective ways to expand your business is to build an email list.
Your website visitors can subscribe to an email newsletter to receive updates from you about your blog, new sale promotions, and so on.
We’ll go through some of the best WordPress newsletter plugins in this article so you can effortlessly develop and expand your email list.
Why Do You Need an Email Newsletter for Your Website?
Keep in touch with your site’s visitors with an email newsletter. Email marketing is an important and effective method of monetizing your website.
Some website owners believe that they must reach a certain level of success with their site before launching a newsletter. However, we believe it is critical to begin building your email list as soon as possible.
Although we use the term newsletter, you are not required to send out regular updates. To help new subscribers get to know you better, you could create a short email course. You could also use your newsletter list to send out special offers for your products and services.
There are three types of WordPress newsletter plugins to choose from. The first category of newsletter plugins is linked to email marketing services that provide the most comprehensive set of features.
Simple newsletter plugins allow you to draught emails within WordPress, but they rely on third-party SMTP services to send emails to your subscribers reliably.
Finally, the third type of WordPress newsletter plugins is intended to assist you in increasing the number of email subscribers on your list. These plugins work with all major email marketing services as well as other newsletter software.
Let us take a closer look at some of the best WordPress newsletter plugins for starting or expanding your email list.
Because of Constant Contact’s popularity, popular WordPress form plugins like WPForms include built-in Constant Contact integration, allowing you to quickly create newsletter subscription forms.
The free version of WPForms includes Constant Contact integration.
This allows you to easily build an email list from your WordPress site while sending emails using Constant Contact’s powerful email deliverability platform.
- Constant Contact is a full-featured email marketing service in and of itself. It allows you to quickly and easily create emails by using templates. You can segment your list, send automated emails, and do a lot more with it.
- If you don’t already have a Constant Contact account, you can get started with a generous free trial.
- There are a number of third-party plugins, such as WPForms, that provide native Constant Contact integration.
- Constant Contact offers excellent customer service (email, chat, and live phone support).
- Constant Contact is also compatible with WooCommerce and other e-commerce platforms.
- Advanced targeting features like Drip or ConvertKit are not available in Constant Contact’s email marketing service.
WPForms Lite, the WordPress plugin for integrating Constant Contact, is completely free.
However, you must make use of their email marketing service. A 60-day free trial would be available with Constant Contact (no credit card required). Following that, their monthly pricing begins at $20.
Users of Yourblogmaster can save an additional 20% by using our Constant Contact coupon code.
For WordPress, OptinMonster is a well-known marketing and popup plugin. It allows you to create personalized newsletter opt-in forms in order to increase your email list and convert more abandoned visitors into subscribers.
All major email marketing services, as well as popular WordPress newsletter plugins, are compatible with OptinMonster.
- OptinMonster integrates with a variety of email marketing services, including well-known providers such as Constant Contact. It also works with third-party plugins such as Sendinblue as well as MailPoet.
- Exit-Intent® technology from OptinMonster can be used to create popups that appear just as a visitor is about to leave your site. You won’t be interfering with their experience on your site this way.
- It’s simple to run A/B tests on your sign-up forms to see which headlines, offers, and layouts get the best results.
- Segmentation rules can be used to target specific pages on your website. OptinMonster also makes it easy to customize your newsletter forms based on the user’s geolocation, prior behaviour on the site, as well as other factors.
- All plans come with full access to the OptinMonster university. This is a whole library of plans, checklists, ebooks, guides, webinars, as well as other resources to aid you in trying to grow your email list more quickly.
A full refund is available. If you decide you don’t like the software for any reason, you can get a full refund if you cancel within 14 days of purchase.
- The actual mailing list software isn’t provided by OptinMonster. For this, you’ll need to sign up for a separate service (like Constant Contact or MailChimp, for example).
- OptinMonster does not have a free version or a free trial. There is, however, a complete refund policy.
We also highly recommend Sendinblue as an email marketing service. It’s simple to use and comes with a free plan as well as a WordPress plugin.
Sendinblue can also be used to send emails from your website, in addition to email marketing.
- The Sendinblue WordPress plugin is simple to install in your WordPress dashboard. You simply activate it using the API key from your Sendinblue account once it’s been created.
- There is a completely free plan that allows you to send up to 300 emails to your newsletter list per day. This does not require you to enter any credit card information.
- The customer service team at Sendinblue is friendly and quick to respond. You could really reach out to them through the email or live chat.
- If you’re using WooCommerce, you can connect Sendinblue’s SMTP and send your buyer confirmation emails using the WP Mail SMTP plugin.
- A variety of templates are available in Sendinblue. They’re all responsive, so they’ll look great on phones and tablets.
- Other email service providers offer a wider range of templates than Sendinblue. It also lacks segmentation and automation capabilities.
- If you’ve already created a mailing list somewhere else, importing your contacts can be a bit tricky.
You can use Sendinblue’s free plan for up to 300 emails per day. Paid plans start at $25 per month if you need more. You’ll be able to send up to 40,000 emails per month, with no daily limits.
MailPoet is a WordPress newsletter plugin that also integrates with your WooCommerce online store.
You’ll also need an account with a third-party email service provider like Constant Contact if you use the standard version of MailPoet.
You can, however, sign up for MailPoet’s “Premium + Sending” service, which will send your emails to you. This service is free for the first 1,000 subscribers.
- Getting started with MailPoet is simple and fast. You can get started right away after installing the plugin in WordPress.
- You can manage your subscriber list and newsletter emails directly from WordPress using MailPoet. This eliminates the need for additional logins.
- For up to 1,000 subscribers, there is a free “Premium + Sending” plan available, which is a great option if you’re on a tight budget.
- There are several built-in templates for sending emails.
- To collect email addresses and encourage repeat purchases, simply add a signup form to your WooCommerce checkout page.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee is included with the paid plans. If you don’t like MailPoet, you can simply request a refund.
You have the option of using MailPoet’s own “Sending” service or using a third-party service like Amazon SES or Sendgrid.
If you want to use both plugins, connecting MailPoet and OptinMonster is simple.
- There isn’t a large variety of templates, so you’ll have to do a lot of adjusting to find something that works for you.
- MailPoet’s analytic tools are much less detailed than any of those offered by some other email marketing services.
Bloom is indeed a Divi theme plugin created by Elegant Themes. It, like OptinMonster, allows you to create sign-up forms to entice people to subscribe to your email list. These can appear after a certain amount of time has passed, or you can simply place them in specific areas.
- You won’t have to pay anything extra for Bloom if you already have an Elegant Themes account. This can help you keep your WordPress site’s development costs low.
- Bloom allows you to create a variety of options. Pop-up optins, fly-in optins, optins that appear beneath your content, and more are all examples.
- You can set up your optins to appear after certain “triggers,” such as a certain amount of time has passed or someone has left a comment.
Bloom integrates with a variety of email service providers with ease. Constant Contact, MailPoet, and Sendinblue are a few examples.
- Bloom has a limited number of templates, though each layout comes in several colour variations.
- OptinMonster’s advanced Exit-Intent® technology is not available in Bloom. It also lacks the floating bar and fullscreen optins found in OptinMonster.
Bloom is included in the Elegant Themes package, which also includes Divi, the company’s popular drag-and-drop WordPress theme.
Newsletter is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to send unlimited newsletters. The premium version includes extra features and integrates with other plugins such as WooCommerce and WPForms.
- Although the newsletter is free, you may want to upgrade to the Premium version to gain access to all of the extensions.
- You can configure Newsletter to use an external SMTP server. This is highly recommended because it should improve the deliverability of your emails.
- You can set the speed at which emails are sent, which is useful if you’re sending them through your web host and they’ve set limits.
- For Newsletter, there are a variety of free addons. You could use these to create a newsletter archive and lock content so that only subscribers can access it.
- Spam protection isn’t as good as it could be. You may discover that some of your signup form’s subscribers are spam.
- You should use an external SMTP provider to connect Newsletter. Like MailPoet, they don’t have a “Sending” option.
No matter how many emails you send, the basic version of Newsletter is completely free. It costs $65 per year if you want pro extensions and priority support.
Thoughts for the End
The problem is that most of these platforms lack robust signup form functionality, which is where WordPress newsletter plugins like OptinMonster, as well as form builder plugins like WPForms, can help.
These plugins connect your WordPress site to powerful email marketing services, allowing you to have the best of both worlds.
Because they don’t want to deal with the hassle of using an SMTP plugin and connecting it to an email delivery service, most professionals and power users don’t use a newsletter plugin from within WordPress to maintain their email list.
Because your email list is so important and valuable, it’s best to leave it in the hands of professional email marketing companies. Even though we have all of the technical know-how, we use third-party email marketing companies at Yourblogmaster and our software businesses.